Simple Tips: Keeping A Website SEO FriendlyFriday, July 23, 2010 14:57
Even though this is quite simplistic to do, I often see websites still that are not built to last long past the first visit. I hear ‘FLASH SUCKS’ and that it is the end of Flash, but really Blog websites are not all that exciting either so really how do we stay within a medium we can all agree with.
Here are my thoughts:
- Design for HTML5/CSS/Flash/Ad’s/CMS and content integration from all pages of the website ALWAYS.
- Titles of pages, ADD THEM….and beyond ‘Company – Contact Us’
- Get at least 5 keywords in the Meta Data Keywords area & make sure they match some sort of content in the page they have been added.
- Enter in a Meta Description, similar to the Title using the same simple rules.
- DON’T go overboard adding in 40 keywords and descriptions that are longer than 1 sentence maybe 2.
- Have a sitemap and submit it to search engines.
- Refresh content every month or two at least, this includes your Titles and Meta information.
With the seven simple rules above, you will be well on your way to being ‘friendly’. It’s simple and should always be. Simple works!